Thursday, August 22, 2013

How to Downgrade WordPress 3.5 to Older Versions [TUT]


From the date when the New WordPress 3.5 Elvin is released many people are commenting and reporting that the new version of WordPress is full of Bugs. Some people reported that the new WordPress update have ruined our blogs.
WordPress-3.5
Same problem was faced by me my new blog was updated to WordPress version 3.5 from 3.4.2 my all plugins stopped working, theme functions were disabled, my posts were not edited once published and I wasn’t able to change my Featured Image for my blog posts.
I started to Google and many people’ve got the same problem I came across a solution which today I’m going to share with you.
It is really easy to downgrade WordPress 3.5 to older version you just have to follow few simple steps but BE CAREFULL which following my steps. Incase of any damage, The Globe Press will not be responsible. This method is 100% Working. But if you’ve got any problem in downgrading then must comment here. We’ll do our best to solve your problem.

Downgrading WordPress 3.5 to Older Version:
  1. Download older version of WordPress from here (I recommend you to Download WP 3.4.2)
  2. Go to your WordPress Dashboard and deactivate all of your plugins and logout from your WP account.
  3. Open any of your FTP client i-e Filezilla or any other. Connect to your file manager of your Blog.
  4. Now delete wp-admin and wp-includes folder REMEMBER DON’T DELETE wp-contents OR ELSE YOU’LL LOSE ALL OF YOUR POSTS AND BACKUPS.
  5. After deleting, now copy all files except the wp-contents from the older version of WordPress which you downloaded to your file manager via FTP client. Look at the screenshot bellow.
    How to Degrade WP 3.5 to older version
  6. Now go to your WordPress dashboard and click on “Update WordPress Database” and then click on “Continue” to log in your WordPress dashboard.
Congratulations! You’ve now successfully downgraded to WordPress’ Older Version!
If you have any question or query about downgrading then please comment we will try our best to solve your query.
This is the easiest method of downgrading
NOTE: Before Downgrading remember to take a Backup of your blog so that you don’t lose any file or folder.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Designed By AV